.NET 5.0.200 SDK - March 02, 2021
The .NET SDK 5.0.200 release is available for download. The latest 5.0 release is always listed at .NET 5.0 Releases.
|SDK Installer1||SDK Binaries1||Runtime Installer||Runtime Binaries||ASP.NET Core Runtime||Windows Desktop Runtime|
|Windows||x86 | x64 | Arm64||x86 | x64 | Arm64||x86 | x64 | Arm64||x86 | x64 | Arm64||x86 | x64 |
|x86 | x64|
|Linux||Snap and Package Manager||x64 | Arm | Arm64 | x64 Alpine||Packages (x64)||x64 | Arm | Arm64 | Arm64 Alpine | x64 Alpine||x641 | Arm1 | Arm641 | x64 Alpine||-||1|
- Includes the .NET Runtime and ASP.NET Core Runtime
- For hosting stand-alone apps on Windows Servers. Includes the ASP.NET Core Module for IIS and can be installed separately on servers without installing .NET Runtime.
The .NET SDK includes a matching updated .NET Runtime. Downloading the Runtime or ASP.NET Core packages is not needed when installing the SDK.
You can check your .NET SDK version by running the following command. The example version shown is for this release.
$ dotnet --version 5.0.200
Visit .NET Documentation to learn about .NET, for building many different types of applications.
The .NET Docker images have been updated for this release. The .NET Docker samples show various ways to use .NET and Docker together. You can use the following command to try running the latest .NET 5.0 release in containers:
docker run --rm mcr.microsoft.com/dotnet/samples
The following repos have been updated.
- dotnet/sdk: .NET SDK
- dotnet/aspnet: ASP.NET Core Runtime
- dotnet/runtime: .NET Runtime
- dotnet/runtime-deps: .NET Runtime Dependencies
- dotnet/samples: .NET Samples
Visual Studio Compatibility
.NET 5.0.200 SDK release carries following new changes:
- Allow inferring ARM64 PlatformTarget from RID
- Pass Optimize to CoreGenerateSatelliteAssemblies
- Implement Text-Based Performance Log
- Add vulnerable option to dotnet list package
- Fix references to Exe projects
- Support generating errors for unresolved assembly conflicts from ResolveAssemblyReference
- Add more RuntimeIdentifier information to .NET SDK
- Add BaseOutputPath to common targets
- OR_GREATER preprocessor symbols for TFMs
- New Features
- Documentation for breaking changes
Your feedback is important and appreciated. We've created an issue at dotnet/core #6010 for your questions and comments.