Mono 1.1.6 is the sixth release on the development series of Mono. The Mono 1.1.x series will eventually lead to the next stable milestone: Mono 1.2.
This is a micro-release and only contains some bug fixes:
- Packaging Fixes: Mono 1.1.5 RPM packages were compiled with an option that would allow users to downgrade their kernel, but the feature had not been tested.
One simple fix was to compile from source code, but we decided that redoing the packages was the major burden of a release, and we could include a few other fixes.
- Apple G3 Support: The G3 was not previously supported, this version adds support for it.
- KEvent on BSD: A crashing bug on BSD-based systems (OSX included) were fixed.
- Cookies: A couple of small bugs were found on the Cookie handling with certain web sites, this has now been fixed.
- AMD compilation: Makes sure that libraries are installed in lib, not lib64.
- Compilation: Compilation on some older systems has been fixed.
- SQL Server reset: The reset operation is not supported on all SQL servers.
We consider Mono 1.1.6 stable enough to recommend it for all users. Those upgrading from the 1.0.x series should note that these notes only contain the differences between 1.1.4 and 1.1.6. All of the changes since 1.0 are documented in the following release notes: 1.1.1, 1.1.2, 1.1.3, 1.1.4 and 1.1.5. Note that some of the changes mentioned in these notes are also present in the 1.0.x series.
For users who can not make major changes to their environment, the 1.0.x series will still be maintained.
Installing Mono 1.1.6
Important: Mono 1.1.6 can not be installed in parallel with Mono 1.0.x series on the same prefix. To work around this issue, you must use a different prefix at configure time, for example:
You can then setup your PATH to include /devel/bin to access the Mono 1.1. Alternatively you can replace your Mono installation with 1.1.6
Pre-compiled packages for SUSE, SLES, Fedora Core, RHEL are available from our web site from the download section.
MacOS and Windows packages will be uploaded soon.
- Mono Source Code: mono-1.1.6.tar.gz
Quick source code installation:
If we have no packages for your platform, installing from source code is very simple.
tar xzf mono-1.1.6.tar.gz cd mono-1.1.6 ./configure make make install