.NET Core 3.0.0 Preview 2 - January 29, 2019
.NET Core 3.0.0 Preview 2 is available for download and usage in your environment. This release includes .NET Core 3.0.0 Preview 2 and .NET Core SDK 3.0.100 Preview 2.
If Visual Studio is your preferred environment, you will need Visual Studio 2019 Preview 2 to take full advantage of the .NET Core 3.0 Preview.
Blog Round up
The .NET Core SDK 3.0.100 Preview 2 includes .NET Core 3.0 Runtime so downloading the runtime packages separately is not needed when installing the SDK. After installing the .NET Core SDK 3.0.100 preview, the following command will show that you're running version
3.0.100-preview-010184 of the tools.
If you use Visual Studio for development work, Visual Studio 2019 is required.
Your feedback is important and appreciated. We've created an issue at dotnet/core #2263 for your questions and comments.
|SDK Installer1||SDK Binaries1||Runtime Installer||Runtime Binaries||ASP.NET Core Runtime|
|Windows||x86 | x64||x86 | x64 | ARM||x86 | x64||x86 | x64 | ARM | ARM64||x86 | x64 | ARM
|Linux||Snap install||x64 | ARM | ARM64 | x64 Alpine||-||x64 | ARM | ARM64 | x64 Alpine||x641 | ARM1 | ARM641 | x64 Alpine1|
|Symbols||-||-||Runtime | Shared Framework | Setup||-||ASP.NET Core|
- Includes the .NET Core and ASP.NET Core Runtimes
- For hosting stand-alone apps on Windows Servers. Includes the ASP.NET Core Module for IIS and can be installed separately on servers without installing .NET Core runtime.
Notable Changes in 3.0.0 Preview 2
- ASP.NET Core 3.0 Preview 2
- EF Core 3.0 Preview 2
- C# 8 Preview 2 (see highlights in the blog post)
- .NET Platform Dependent Intrinsics
- JSON Writer and JSON Document
- Local dotnet tool improvements
- Assembly Unloadability
- Windows native interop
- Work continues on WinForms and WPF
- API changes for Preview 2
The following repos have been updated